Outdoor Advertising Facts
- Outdoor reaches 89% of adults 18-34 and 93% of professional adults
- Outdoor advertising is the most universal of all media. Virtually everyone is repeatedly exposed who leave their house to work, shop, or play.
- The average American spends 15 hours a week in the car!
- 93% of Americans are reached by billboards.
- 53% more cars on the road than 30 years ago.
- More people view one particular billboard than view "The Superbowl".
- Billboards cost 80% less than TV advertising.
- Billboards cost 60% less then newspaper ads.
- Billboards cost 50% less than radio advertisements.
Sources cited: Outdoor Advertising Association of America, Arbitron, & Nielsen